Why is it significant to have Above the Line Thinking?
It is significant because your long-held beliefs are driving your thoughts, which ultimately dictate the experiences you have in your life. If you do not investigate your thoughts, you will stay stuck in patterns and processes that do not support a larger vision for your life.
Romans 12:2 says, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
What is above the line thinking?
1. Above the line thinking is where our comfort zone dies. A comfort zone is the space where you do not risk, but you also do not grow. Has God ever asked you to do something and your response was, “who, me?” Oh sweet friend, your question shouldn’t be, “who me?” the better question is “Why not you?!” You with God are unstoppable! And NOTHING is impossible with God! “Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God EVERYTHING is possible.”(Matthew, 19:26)
2. Above the line thinking is imperative to move out of the safe space of our comfort zone to be able expand and grow. When you feel you need that extra push, cry out to God and ask him for help, strength and guidance, He is but a prayer away.
3. Above the line thinking is not a physical space but a mental concept. Everything you are doing in your life right now you are in the habit of doing, but by the same token what you’re not doing right now you’re in the habit of not doing. The only way to change a habit of not doing something is to start doing it and how you think, is driving your decision to take action or not. Remember, when you change your thinking, you will also change your life.
Here are three greatest questions to ask:
1. Am I really living out my potential God has for me?
2. Am I hesitating on doing what I really want because it feels wrong, uncomfortable or because I am afraid?
3. Am I OK with taking all of my dreams and aspirations to the grave with me?
These three questions are a great starting point on where you are in your journey to grow. There is no right or wrong answer. As long as you are being truthful, transparent and accountable with where you are with your thinking today.
What if you stepped out of your comfort zone? Imagine the possibilities and excitement!
I challenge you to stand on God’s word that says in Hebrews 11:1 “faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.” Decide today that you will be a little bolder and a little more courageous. Increase your faith and dare to believe in the impossible.
“Whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent, or praiseworthy, think about such things.” Philippians 4:8